The Kronberger Haus was built in the sixteenth century in the late Renaissance style. Furnished with some very advanced features for its day, it went on to serve a range of different purposes over the centuries: aristocratic town house, printing press, tobacco factory, and ‒ later ‒ town hall, school and library as well as headquarters of the Höchst voluntary fire brigade.
The Höchster Porzellan-Manufaktur
Having been granted a privilege by the archbishop and elector of Mainz, Johann Friedrich Carl von Ostein, the Höchster Porzellan-Manufaktur was founded in 1746, making it the second oldest porcelain manufactory in Germany. It produced high-quality European porcelain art. However, the turmoil of the revolutionary wars led to the demise of the manufactory from 1792 to 1796.